In the Order List question type, students organize a list of responses into a specified order. This question can be used to reorder words, paragraphs of text, or sentences within a paragraph.
Figure 1: Order List question example.
Create a Question
Enter a question stem in the Compose Question area. In the List section below enter words, sentences or paragraphs you want the students to arrange into correct order as shown in Figure 2. Click on +Add below the section to add more boxes and click on the delete icon beside a box to remove it. It is possible to re-order your response list while authoring your content. Simply drag the list item using the drag handle to the left and place it in the appropriate position.
Figure 2: Order List question basic parameters.
Follow these steps in order to configure question validation:
- Insert a value in the Point(s) box to set up a mark for the question. The default value is 1.
- The Correct tab holds the list of elements to be ordered. To validate the question simply arrange the elements in the expected order. See example in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Order list validation.
You can choose the Question Layout. Options are Button, List or Inline.
You can then also toggle Drag Handles. They appear on the left of the list elements and can be disabled.
Shuffle Options will display the list items in a different order each time the question is rendered.
Under the More Options section, you can change formatting settings, scoring types, apply different styles to your question and show check answer button.
Scoring type menu can be found under More Options
The following scoring types are available in Order List question types:
- Exact Match - Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive a mark.
- Partial Match Per Response - Each response entity will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. Each response entity will be awarded an individual score.
- Partial Match - Each response entity will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. The overall question score will be divided between the response items.
- Partial Pairwise Per Response - Entities are compared in pairs to determine the score.