Tag Types and Tags can be created on the Author Site using the Tag manager interface.
Tag Types and Tags
Tag Types allow you to categorize the Tags that you want to create e.g. a Tag Type could be Subject and the Tags would be Math, English, etc.
In order to create a Tag, we need to create a Tag Type first.
- Navigate to Tags on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the button Create a new Tag Type.
- For this example, we will create Tags for school subjects. In the Name field enter Subject.
- A Long Name is optional. This can be used to give more context to a Tag.
- Click the Used in Items/Activities boxes if the Tags are to be available in both.
- Click Create.
Figure 1: Creating a new Tag Type in the Author Site.
You will be then brought back to the Tag overview page. To begin creating your Tags complete the following steps:
- Click on the ID link beside the Tag Type.
- Click on the button Create a new Tag.
- Enter the Tag name e.g. 'English' in the name field.
- Click Create.
- Repeat this for each subject.
- Remember to click Save Changes when you are finished.
Figure 2: Editing a Tag Type in the Author Site.
Edit & Delete a Tag
If you want to make changes to a Tag, you first have to select the Tag type it belongs to and then click on the Tag name. Start editing Tag properties and click on Save changes when you are done.
If you want to delete the Tag, click on the Delete button below the edit Tag form. This will only delete the selected Tag.
Figure 3: Edit and Delete Tag Type.
Tag Bulk Import
If you have a list of Tags that are currently in a CSV file, these can be programmatically imported by your development team into Learnosity via the Data API.
Tag hierarchies are an advanced feature used to define relationships between Tags. See the dedicated tag hierarchies tutorial.